Yam balls are delicious homemade snacks, which are made purely from yam. Yam balls can be taken as a dessert or main dish depending on one’s preference. Yam is a highly nutritious tuber, which can improve overall digestive health, help with weight loss, reduce cholesterol levels, have potent cancer-fighting properties, can strengthen your brain function, may alleviate inflammation, can potentially improve blood sugar levels and so on.
- Egg (2)
- Sardine -1 pack
- Onions – 1 bulb
- Salt – to taste
- Seasoning – to taste
- Groundnut oil – for frying
- Peel the yam and cut into chunks, wash and place in a pot
- Add salt and water to the pot and cook till its tender.
- In a frying pan, add the diced onions, pepper, seasoning and salt and fry on medium heat till it’s cooked.
- In a big bowl, put in the boiled yam and mash with a masher or your hands.
- In the big bowl crack in one whole egg, add in the pepper sauce from earlier on, sardine and mix all together.
- Scoop some portions out in your hands and roll into balls.
- Grab another bowl and whisk some eggs inside, dip the rolled yam balls into egg bowl for some coating.
- Fry the yam balls in hot oil till golden brown, turn at intervals to prevent burning.
- Your Yam Balls are ready to Munch.