This recipe is a go to recipe if you need a break from the regular bread and stew, what more could you ask for? Chicken, suya and bread in one piece! It’s one recipe you should try out, it’s a palette pleaser, simple easy and tasty. This recipe makes 2 servings.
- Lettuce – 4pcs
- Onions – 1small sized
- Precooked chicken – 2pcs
- Tomato – 1 medium-sized
- Mint leaves – 1 stem
- Bread – 6pcs
- Green pepper – 1 small sized
- Red bell pepper – 1 small sized
- Carrot – 2pcs
- Cabbage – 1 small sized
- Suya spice
- Mayonnaise; to taste
- Butter – 1tbsp
- Groundnut oil – 1tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Start by washing your vegetables with warm salty water or vinegar
- In a bowl grate the cabbage and carrot, finely chop the mint leaves mix then set aside
- Chop the onions, green pepper, red bell pepper and chicken.
- Place the frying pan on fire, add in the groundnut oil, when it is hot add in the onions, peppers, chicken, suya spice and salt then stir-fry on low heat till it’s cooked (not burnt).
- Mix step 4 and 5 together and add the mayonnaise alongside.
- In a pan, add in the butter and allow to melt, place the sliced bread in it and toast both sides
- Assemble the sandwich starting with the first layer, spread some mayonnaise on the first bread, place the lettuce on it and add the vegetable mix (step 5)
- Take another toasted bread and place it on the first layered bread (in step 7) then spread some mayonnaise on it add the vegetable mix (step 5) and place the sliced tomatoes and lettuce on it.
- Lastly, take the 3rd toasted bread and place it on top (step 8). Serve with a chilled cup of freshly
- squeezed orange juice.
For questions; firstname.lastname@example.org